Tuesday, September 8, 2009

how do i get ready to write...?

quite honestly, and this is going to be short, sweet, and simple... i just write. i dont enjoy brainstorming, i hate revising, i despise idea webs and stupid, little, pointless, time-consuming things of that sort. the way i look at it, i could be spending that time writing and trying my best to develop a worth-while piece of work rather than bashing my head against a wall trying to create a web of ideas and possible thesis statements.

i allow the ideas and sentences and thoughts to wander around in my head until they find a place to be transferred on to paper. granted, at times this results in statements that make little to no sense to even myself, but in the end, the piece of writing always seems to come together. my method of writing is similar to my artistic method. just sit, and draw/write. dont think too much before you begin to do something. if you always look before you leap, wheres the surprise? wheres the little anxiety attack of something mysterious and foreign? whats the fun in always knowing and planning and analyzing? wheres the creativity when everything is so structured and planned? whats the point?

im not sure if this will help anyone with their writing woes, but i do hope that you at least try my method. just put your fingers to the keyboard/pen to the paper, and go. let the ideas and thoughts come to you rather than searching for them amongst the vast amount of propaganda and structure within your head. as i always tell myself when a piece of art is stressing me out, "dont think, just draw (write)."

-r

1 comment: